Published 18 January 2023
The Very Hungry Caterpillar is coming....
From Saturday 11 to Sunday 19 February, The Lexicon, will host a fabulous interactive trail based on Eric Carle’s best-selling children’s book, The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Following the journey of the caterpillar from egg to butterfly, visitors will wend their way through an assortment of larger-than-life fruit sculptures, a cosy chrysalis and a beautiful butterfly, all based on artwork from the famous book.
Visitors to the town centre, can pick up a trail leaflet and free piece of fruit (while stocks last) at Waitrose Café to start their adventure. The interactive mini adventure, will help to teach children about the close relationship between plants and insects as they search for items such as apples and pears to complete the trial.
- On Monday 13 February there will also be a Very Hungry Caterpillar theme storytime at Bracknell Library for children up to 5 years old. It's free and booking isn't required.
- There will also be storytelling sessions (lasting between 30 and 40 minutes) in Waterstones and Fenwick on Tuesday 14 and Friday 17 February 2003. There are no spaces left for the storytelling sessions. Cushions will be available for children, parents will be required to stand.
- Download a The Very Hungry Caterpillar activitiy sheet.
Running at the same time is Kids Eat Free, in Fuego in Fenwick, Las Iguanus, M&S Café, Tangs, The Real Greek, Wagamama and Waitrose Café.
Participating restaurants' and cafés' t&cs:-
- Fuego (Fenwick) - kids eat free with every £20 spent by an adult at Fuego from Monday 13 to Thursday 16 February 2023. Offer includes kid's set meal. One free kid's meal per adult only. Each adult to spend £20 to qualify for one free kid's meal. Available to all children under 12. Valid for dine-in only. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer. An optional 10% service charge will be added to your bill.
- Las Iguanas - kids eat free from Monday 13 to Sunday 19 February for every main meal purchased until 5pm. This will include the child's main, 2 sides and dessert but excluding a drink. Valid for dine-in only. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- M&S Café - running from Monday 13 to Friday 24 February, children can enjoy a main, snack and drink from the Kid's Munch Menu for free (normally £3.95), when £5 is spent on adult food or drink.
- Tangs - as part of the Friday Evening Buffet - a free child's meal when accompanied by two paid adult's meals. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- The Real Greek - free kid's meal for every £10 spent by an adult Monday 13 to Sunday 26 February 2023. Offer includes kid's meal from Kid's Menu, Drink and Ice Cream or Sorbet. One free kid's meal per adult only. Each adult to spend £10 or more to qualify for one free kid's meal. Available to all children under 12. Valid for dine-in only. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer / promotion / discount. An optional 10% service charge will be added to your bill.
- Wagamama - enjoy one free kid's meal with a purchase of an adult main from Monday 13 to Friday 17 February 2023. Offer available at wagamama Bracknell only. Redemption only valid between 2pm and 5pm, wagamama have the right to remove this offer at anytime.
- Waitrose Café - running from Wednesday 8 to Tuesday 28 February kids eat free with a £5 purchase using a MyWaitrose Card.