Closing date: 02 Feb 2022
Hours: Permanent, 37.5 hours
Salary: £10.82 per hour
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Consultant to join our Homeware team within Fenwick Bracknell.
About the opportunity
Our Sales Consultants are the product and service experts in store and use their knowledge to meet the needs of each customer with an authentic and personalised approach. A large part of the role is also sharing this knowledge with the Sales Advisor team; coaching and developing them to maximise every opportunity with their customers.
You will be a brand ambassador for Fenwick, responsible for maintaining our high retail standards across our home division and support the wider team in growing the business and driving sales.
We are looking for someone with strong working knowledge of home interiors and expert brand knowledge; someone who is an innate leader who thrives off the daily challenges of working in a fast-paced environment.
About the Candidate
We look for warm and welcoming people, who are adaptable, courageous, innovative, and goal-orientated to join us on our exciting journey. As well as these key characteristics, this role also requires some specific skills and experience to succeed…
- Previous experience working in retail or hospitality at supervisory level- Essential
- Great communication and interpersonal skills - Essential
- Expert knowledge in the department product range and interest in wines & spirits - Essential
- Experience with product merchandising and able to make commercial decisions
- Proven track record in sales and customer service
- Experience with coaching and developing a team
Opening our first store in 1882, Fenwick is rich with heritage and history as the UK’s largest family-owned department store group. We are on an exciting journey, transforming the business to exceed our customers' expectations, and we are always on the lookout for talent to join us.
We have 9 stores across the UK, differing in size and offering, specific to their local community. We are fortunate enough to say 4 of our stores also house our functional teams, allowing for a truly collaborative approach.
In 2018, we launched our first eCommerce website and have been building on this ever since, setting up our historic business for a multichannel future. With our exciting growth plans ahead of us, this is indeed a place of innovation, excitement, and opportunity.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- 25% Colleague Discount (across most areas)
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing by 1 day each year to a maximum of 33 days (pro rata for part time colleagues)
- Commission scheme for all retail sales colleagues
- Birthday day - 1 additional day off in the month of your birthday
- Holiday Purchase Scheme option to buy up to 5 days leave
- Business Dress Loan Scheme interest free loan to buy clothes for work
- WeCare a 24/7 online GP, mental health support service, get fit programme and more.
- Perks a great way to get discounts, exclusive deals and cashback on a range of products and leisure activities
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Pension scheme