On Sunday evening, Bracknell Gymnastics Club lit up the town centre, to mark the start of Christmas at The Lexicon. Helped by the magical Snow King and Queen, thousands of visitors enjoyed an evening full of festive entertainment complete with Festive Market, hundreds of lights and plenty of snow!
With performances from LED drummer band, Spark! and world-travelled fire dance show, FlameOz, the crowds in Bond Square were then treated to magical firework show set to music from the rooftops.
The evening concluded with a festive musical set from Reading Gospel Choir, back by popular demand, following their performance at The Lexicon Proms earlier this year.
Sue Boor, head of marketing for The Lexicon says: “We were delighted to be joined by so many people to enjoy the Christmas Light Switch On yesterday. And look forward to welcoming even more visitors to The Lexicon over the coming weeks as our Christmas activities continue.”
Cllr Marc Brunel-Walker, executive member for economic development and regeneration, said: "The Lexicon's Christmas lights switch on and surprise fireworks created a magical atmosphere for everyone who joined in the festivities on Sunday. It was a wonderful community event that brought lots of cheer and joy to our residents and visitors."
But the festivities don’t stop there! There’s even more enjoyment ahead for young visitors to The Lexicon at The Elf Academy. Children aged three to ten are invited to join in the fun and get the chance to become certified elves by completing arts and craft tasks set by the Head Elf. Located on The Avenue next to Patisserie Valerie, sessions will take place on Saturday 1, 8 and 15 December. For more information and to book tickets, please visit www.thelexiconbracknell.com.
The Lexicon will also host live music performances from local bands and choirs, throughout December:
- Saturday 1 December – Platform YP – 11.00am – opposite Boots
- Saturday 1 December – Singhealthy Choir – 3:00pm – opposite Boots
- Saturday 8 December – South Hill Park Panto Stars and Bracknell Stagecoach - 11:00am – opposite Boots
- Tuesday 11 December – Bracknell and Ascot Rock Choir – 6.00pm - outside M&S
- Thursday 13 December – Reading Spring Gardens Brass Band – 7.00pm - outside M&S
- Tuesday 18 December – Wokingham’s Local Brass Band – 6.30pm - outside M&S
- Thursday 20 December – Ascot Community – 10.30am – opposite Boots
- Thursday 20 December – Thames Voyces – 6.30pm – opposite Boots
- Saturday 22 December – Salvation Army – 11.00am – outside M&S
Please note all performances and locations are subject to change so please refer to www.thelexiconbracknell.com for the very latest information.
And don’t forget, shoppers can enjoy Late Night Shopping, for the weeks commencing December 10 and 17, where retailers will open from 9.00 am until 8.00 pm, Monday to Friday; 9.00 am until 7.00 pm on Saturdays and 11.00 am until 5.00 pm on Sundays. As well as The Lexicon Festive Market which runs until Christmas Eve. Shoppers are advised to check with shops, restaurants and Cineworld for individual opening times.