We are gearing up to welcome you back to The Lexicon in line with Government guidelines, as non-essential retailers begin to open their doors.
While we haven’t been closed completely during the COVID 19 restrictions, with food, pharmacy and other essential services remaining open, it is expected that more people will visit the town centre from Wednesday 2 December 2020.
We are working hard to keep you safe so please shop safe by respecting the safety of fellow visitors, retail workers and The Lexicon staff by keeping a two metre distance and using the hand sanitiser available and do not visit the town centre if you are feeling unwell.
Cleaning and Facilities
- The key areas in town have undergone a fogging cleaning treatment - a fine mist of sanitising solution is released into the air which then spreads and settles on every surface killing the COVID-19 virus.
- Full time cleaning operatives will be present in the toilet areas in the Welcome Hall (Avenue Car Park), Princess Square and Ocean House during core opening hours.
- Enhanced cleaning processes has been put in place, with an increased focus and frequency on key customer touch points.
- All cleaners, security, car park operators and members of The Lexicon management team will be provided with gloves and face masks to wear.
- Due to the limited space available at the Princess Square toilets, there will be queues, so please be patient and wait in the area indicated to ensure you gain access as quickly as possible.
- Hand sanitiser stations have been installed throughout the town centre.
- Signage is in place throughout the town reminding consumers of the need to follow social distancing guidance.
- Using the centre’s communication channels including social media and tannoy announcements will remind customers about how to stay safe and to announce which stores are open.
- Customers are encouraged to shop alone where possible. If accompanied by children they must be supervised at all times and follow social distancing guidelines.
- Introduction of queuing outside retailers when required to manage capacity.
- Customers will be encouraged to use contactless payment with retailers for transactions.
- Consider what time of day would be best for your visit. Where possible avoid 9am to 11am to allow the elderly, vulnerable and those shielding.